This is so delicious and keeps for 3 to 4 days in the fridge, but it never lasts that long around our house. It’s quick, easy and makes a great impression. Or spread this on your gluten-free homemade bread or one of my Grain Free Cassava Century Bread and you’ve got yourself a scrumptious lunch or dinner. You’re going to have to whip up some Foolproof Mayonnaise for this perfect salad on the go! I took it to school for a birthday celebration with my grade level thinking I’d have some for left over for lunch the rest of the week––but no such luck. They loved it (or they were really staving). So here you go my friends. Enjoy!
CHOPPED ASIAN SALAD
- 1 lbs Chicken Breast diced & cooked
- 2 apples green red or yellow
- 2 celery slaks chopped
- 1 cup red grapes sliced in half
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 5-6 sprigs cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cups raw almonds toasted
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tsp fresh horseradish or wasabi
- 1 tsp Crazy Curry or store bought
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Foolproof Mayo or store bought
- Step 1 Dice the chicken in bite-size pieces and stir-fry Set aside to cool. I have also used the store-bought roasted chickens from the deli and this works super when in a hurry.
- Step 2 I also grill several extra chicken breast when BQ’ing and freeze them for moments just like this.
- Step 3 You will need a batch of my Foolproof Mayonnaise so make sure you have some on hand!
- Step 4 While the chicken is cooling, dice all the goodies. Don’t forget to toast your almonds. This adds a peanut taste to the mix.
- Step 5 Mix the chicken with the mayo.
- Step 6 Toss it into the chopped goodies and give it a good stir.
- Step 7 Enjoy!