It’s soup season, and I’m on a roll. I love curling up with a good book and a bowl of soup when it is cold and rainy outside. This one was so good I didn’t make enough. Between my husband and me, we downed this tub of goodness in two days, still craving more. It’s so simple, easy, and hits the spot. Enjoy!
Lemon Kale Italian Soup
- 6 organic Italian pork or chicken links (Natures sausage or Applegate)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh diced basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Dash paprika
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash of herbs de Provence
- Himalayan salt
- Fresh pepper
- 6 cups of organic chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1/4 cup each diced red and yellow pepper
- 2 cups cleaned roughly chopped kale
- 1 can drained white beans (optional)
- 1/2 lemon: juiced and zest
- Step 1 Check to see if you organic sausage is precooked. If not, simmer them in water in your soup pan for 10 minutes while you prep the veggies. Then drain the water and continue with the recipe steps.
- Step 2 If they are precooked, slice into rings and sauté in your soup pan with the 1/4 cup of avocado oil on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, onions and continue cooking for 6 minutes, stirring often
- Step 3 Add the basil and stir in 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, paprika, nutmeg, of herbs de Provence, Himalayan salt, and pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Step 4 Add organic broth carrots, bell pepper, and kale. Grate the zest from 1/2 a lemon into your soup. When done, squeeze the juice from the lemon into your soup. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 5 If you choose to use white beans, add them to the soup just before serving. This way, they don’t fall apart while cooking.