Our summer RV’ing was amazing and I bought tons of cooking supplies thanks to my colleagues! I was given a gift certificate for King Arthur and for Amazon. Needless to say, I made sure I bought my cooking staples. I left all my clothes in the RV and packed my suitcase to the brim with cooking supplies. One of the gluten-free things I brought back with me was Cassava Flour. I’m trying to re-do a few of my recipes with Cassava Flour instead of rice flour. Check them out:
Turmeric Sweet Potato Protein Nut Muffins
Cassava Sweet Potato Crepes
This Berry Cake came out delicious. I was so fortunate to have a bag of fresh frozen, blueberries, raspberry, fresh cranberries and a few scoops of German berries in my fridge. It was so light and fluffy and I served it warmed with Coconut Whipped Cream. Homemade coconut Ice cream would also do the trick. In a pinch, pick up a tub of gluten and dairy free Ben and Jerry’s vanilla!
- Wet Ingredients
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or dairy free product
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 1 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cups organic butter room temperature
- 3/4 cups cassava flour
- 1/2 cups almond flour
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 375. Use coconut oil to rub your cake pan. I used an 8X10 oval baking dish. You can use any size but the baking time might be different plus, the topping is for a medium-sized surface.
- Step 2 In a food processor or with a hand mixer combine all the wet ingredients.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl, whisk with a fork all the Dry Ingredients.
- Step 4 Slowly add to the Dry Ingredients to the Wet Ingredients in your mixing bowl, constantly blending on low.
- Step 5 Once mixed well, pour into your cake pan.
- Step 6 Pour the berries over the top of the cake mixture and give it a swirl.
- Step 7 Crumb Topping: Using a fork or your food processor (I use my hands….) mix the butter, almond flour, pecans and the cassava flour until it is crumbly.
- Step 8 Sprinkle over the top of the cake and bake for 45-50 minutes!