I have read every carrot cake recipe out there…Well, ok, most of them. And guess what? I decided to do my own thing. I created the moistest rich flavored cake of them all. You tell me…seriously. It is so thick and just the hint of sweet smelling of spices and topped with my Whipped Coconut “Cream Cheese” Frosting makes this cake irresistible.
February 12, 2017
: 20 min
: 45 min
: 1 hr 5 min
- Wet Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla or 100% pure vanilla
- 3/4 cup grated carrots 4 medium
- 3/4 cup grated apples 4 small-medium
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts reserve 1/4 c for the icing
- 1/2 cup raw shreaded coconut
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- Dry Ingredients
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Step 1 Wet Ingredients
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I used an 8X10 oval pan but you can use 2 round cake pans as well. Just watch the cooking time. It took 1 hours for my oval pan and possible 40 minutes if using 2 cake pans. Do the toothpick test to make sure they are done. If you are using 2 round cake pans be sure to use baking paper to line them so this yummy cake doesn’t stick.
- Step 3 In your mixer or by hand in a large bowl mix all the Wet Ingredients. Scrap the sides of the bowl often. Set aside while you prepare the Dry Ingredients.
- Step 4 Dry Ingredients
- Step 5 Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk with a fork or a whisker. Remember to save 1/4 of the chopped nuts for the icing.
- Step 6 Slowly sprinkle in the Dry Ingredients into the Wet Ingredients and mix well.
- Step 7 Pour into your pan(s) and bake. Since I do a sheet cake style, I only oil the pan with coconut oil. But if doing a layered round cake you will need to line the bottom, especially with baking paper.
- Step 8 When the toothpick comes clean, set on a rack to cool completely before icing with my Whipped Coconut “Cream Cheese” Frosting! Top with the 1/4 reserved nuts!