These little bites of yum will thrill your tastebuds. Chewy, creamy, and nutty, with a tang of ginger and orange. Just the right sweetness and so delightful. Each is filled with all-natural ingredients and no processed sugar. You can add a scoop of your favorite protein powder for an extra boost to get you through the day. Cover them in dark cocoa powder, toasted raw coconut, or chopped nuts. You can even leave them naked for a burst awaaaaa! They are easy to make and can be stored in your fridge for a week in a covered container. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Apricot Orange Ginger Bites
- ¼ cup almond or cashew butter
- 8 roughly chopped apricots
- 8 roughly chopped dates
- 1” piece of fresh ginger grated (or more!)
- 3-4 strips of fresh peeled orange rind
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup almonds or cashews roasted and chopped
- ¼ cup shredded raw coconut (no sugar)
- Optional: 2 Tbsp of non-flavored collagen or protein powder
- Optional: Coating Options
- Step 1 Line a cookie sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Step 2 Place apricots, dates, ginger, orange rind, vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and blend until well mixed for about 2-3 minutes. Stop once in a while and scrape the sides of the processor.
- Step 3 Add the almond or cashew butter. Blend until well mixed.
- Step 4 Mix in chia seeds, ground flax seeds, chopped nuts, coconut and the collagen or protein powder (if using).
- Step 5 Roll a small piece of dough between your hands to form bite-size balls. Set them on a cookie sheet.
- Step 6 Place them in the fridge in a container or freeze them.
- Step 7 Coating Options: You can roll them in toasted cashews, melted Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, toasted raw coconut, or organic dry cocoa powder to enhance different flavors.