It’s so easy to buy gluten-free products while on our boat. Although great for emergencies, they are filled with unnecessary ingredients. I’ve made a point not to buy as much this boating season. I decided to use my delicious dips and spreads and make my crackers. These came out delicious and perfect. Plus, they last a week in a sealed container.
Check out these yummy dips and sauces to scoop up with these delicious crackers.
I used pecorino goat cheese, but parmesan will work as well. I added my own homemade fresh, dried Italian herb seasoning, but you can add any seasoning you like. My Rub-a-dub-dub rib seasoning makes a great smoky cracker, and my Za’ Atar Seasoning adds a bit more crunch. Are you looking for a great dip for guacamole? Then try using a fourth teaspoon of Mexican seasoning instead of the Italian seasoning. Click here for more seasoning suggestions.
Let’s get started!
These stay fresh and delicious for a week in an airtight container.
Cassava Flour Cheese Crackers
- 2 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil1 cup water
- 3/4 cup shredded pecorino goat cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino goat cheese
- 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt
- Step 1 Crackers: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all the cracker ingredients in a food processor or mix by hand in a medium bowl.
- Step 2 Roll the dough out between two pieces of baking paper 1/8 inch thick and into a square or rectangle.
- Step 3 Remove the top layer of baking paper.
- Step 4 Topping:
- Step 5 Use a cooking brush and paint the top of the dough evenly with the oil.
- Step 6 Sprinkle with Himalayan salt and grated pecorino cheese.
- Step 7 Using a pizza dough cutter slice the crackers into squares. The size is not relevant. You decide!
- Step 8 You can make an indent in the middle of each cracker using the small end of a chopstick. Or a fork with several indents. It’s up to you!
- Step 9 Lift the bottom layer of baking paper with the sliced crackers and set them on a cookie sheet.
- Step 10 Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 15-20 minutes, then break the crackers where you sliced with the pizza cutter.
- Step 11 These stay fresh and delicious for a week in an airtight container.