Mercy me! I thought I loved cabbage, but now I am “in love” with this easy, quick, and nutritious dish. You can whip up this dish in 15 minutes. It’s a great party side-salad cold or hot. Try using leftovers warmed-up in the morning with a fried egg on top.
I hope you end up with a love affair with cabbage after trying this delicious savory side! You don’t have to be a rocket scientist or a chef to put this tasty dish of Bacon Fried Cabbage together. Get those hamburgers or bratwurst on the grill now to be ready in time to enjoy alongside this fabulous side.
Bacon Fried Cabbage
- 1/2 large white cabbage
- 500 grams of diced organic smokey bacon (about 8 strips of bacon cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic buds diced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp of ghee or olive oil (if using organic bacon 1 Tbsp)
- Step 1 Dice your bacon into 1-inch pieces and fry in a large frying pan. Add a tbsp of ghee if using organic bacon. It tends to have less fat.
- Step 2 Dice the onion into small pieces. After frying the bacon, add the diced onions. Stir over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3 Add the diced cabbage and stir fry on medium heat until the cabbage is tender. Serve warm. It’s even great cold! You can store the leftovers in a sealed container for 4 days.