OOOH yum. Truly, I don’t know why I waited so long to experiment with this one. The aroma of these warm morsels while baking was too much! A touch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg just took my memory back to my mother-in-law’s home, Marge! She would make the BEST soft oatmeal raisin cookies, and that was usually gone before they cooled… I think this is as good as I can do, Marge.
OMA’S RAISIN COOKIES
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts pecans work too
- 1/2 cup raisins or comb of cranberries
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oatmeal optional (omit 1/2 cup almond flour)
- 1 egg
- Step 1 Turn the oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl mix the almond flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg with a fork until well blended.
- Step 3 Pour in the maple syrup, oil, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Step 4 I use a melon ball to place the cookies on the baking sheet and then flatten them a bit.
- Step 5 Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and golden brown on the top. Let cool for 10 minutes, if you can!