This is the most flavorful chutney in the world…ok, well in my world. My mother taught me how to make this as a child, and of course, I have had to experiment with every batch. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Thanks, mom!
MANGLED MANGO & APPLE CHUTNEY
- 1 cup coconut sugar or birch tree sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 apples seeded and chopped I leave the skin on!
- 2 mango skinned and sliced
- 1/4 raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- dash ground cinnamon and cloves
- Step 1 Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low for 40-45 minutes with the lid off. Stir often to keep from scorching on the bottom.
- Step 2 Store in a sealed canning jar in the refrigerator for up to 6 months!