I just love going to the open market on Saturdays in Germany. It’s alive with smells, people, and color! The stands are decorated and the displays resemble fresh food sculptures. Such a fest for the eyes. I happened to pick up some fresh tomatoes and zucchini and headed home to prepare a batch of Italian Zudooles to accompany our bio grilled pork steaks. This was so simple and quick to make. Plus loaded with flavor when you use my Bella Italian Seasoning. I bought the small tomatoes that smelled like summer. You can also use 1/2 cup of my Basic Bold Sauce as well. I added a few other ingredients and let it simmer while I prepared the Zudooles. The simmering tomatoes infused the entire house with a warm Italian aroma. This side dish was extra yummy with grilled meat or veggies.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes sliced in strips
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 tsp Bella Italian Seasoning or store-bought
- 5-6 red onion rings
- Himalayan salt & fresh pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini spiraled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cups firm goat cheese or almond cheese- optional
- Step 1 Turn the oven to 375 degrees. I like to get all my ingredients out on my counter before I start cooking. It really makes the preparation time run smoothly. Take a minute and do this!
- Step 2 In a medium saucepan melt the ghee on medium heat. When the ghee is very warm, squeeze the washed cherry tomatoes with your hands in the pan. Add the onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tsp of Bella Italian Seasoning (or store-bought), salt, and pepper. Let this simmer while you prepare the zucchini.
- Step 3 Spiral the zucchinis and place the Zudooles on a doubled paper towel. Set them aside and take a peek at the sauce. It should be bubbling. Give it a whirl and drizzle in the 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and turn it on low.
- Step 4 Squeeze the zudoodles in the paper towel to remove water. Place them in a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the top of the zudooles.
- Step 5 Add the olives, onions, and cheese to the top. Sprinkle with another tsp of Bella Italian Seasoning. Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted or the onions turn tender.
- Step 6 With or without the cheese this makes such a great presentation. Serve as a side with your favorite protein and enjoy!