It is a cold snowy day her in Germany and my tummy needed some comfort food. Since going gluten, dairy and soy free for 2 years I have never tried making gluten free pancakes. What a great day to experiment. I have been trying to avoid grains as well and have adapted a few of my recipes that used rice flour and exchanged them with cassava. It gives an added nutty flavor and just great consistency to whatever I bake. Check out these Cassava flour Blueberry pancakes. With or without the blueberries they are yummy. Try covering them with my Ginger Rhubarb Sauce.
CASSAVA BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
- Dry Mixture
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- dash ground nutmeg
- dash ground cinnamon
- Wet Mixture
- 1 tsp fresh ginger if using dried, add to the Dry Mixture
- 2 level Tbsp honey or more if you like them sweet
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla or pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2-2/3 cup coconut or almond milk start with 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries add just before cooking
- Step 1 Grease the griddle/pan with coconut oil and heat on medium high.
- Step 2 Whisk all the Dry Mixture in a medium bowl.
- Step 3 In another bowl, add all the Wet Mixture, except the blueberries, and beat by hand until well blended. You can use a mixer but I was not in the mood to do the dishes!
- Step 4 Drizzle the Dry Mixture into the Wet Mixture and beat until smooth. I used a fork and had to add a bit more coconut milk to get the consistency I like for my pancakes. Fold in the blueberries!
- Step 5 Make sure the griddle is hot. I always cook a single pancake first to make sure the griddle is just right before dropping 4 on to the pan or griddle. My first one was not hot enough and I had a mess!
- Step 6 Enjoy with extra blueberries and your favorite topping. I love them with my Ginger Rhubarb Sauce.