This is the best salad. I went to my husband’s son’s house to visit in Munich, and his wife made this for us. It is one of the vegetables I get each week from our Bio home delivery company, and it just sits there since I have no idea what to do with them other than making a puree or slicing in salads.
But look at this! It’s simple, fresh, and a must-have summer salad…for me, I made it the last 2 weeks for lunch over a bed of field salad. I have even used pink grapefruit or tangerines instead of the blood oranges. This is just delicious and refreshing.
Thank you, Anne, for this great recipe.
ANNE´S ZIPPY FENNEL SALAD
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium blood orange
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Step 1 Salad
- Step 2 Slice the fennel bulb into rings and wash.
- Step 3 Slice the red onion in rings then cut rings in half.
- Step 4 Peel and slice the blood orange into bite-size pieces and take out the seeds.
- Step 5 Place all this into a container with a lid.
- Step 6 Pour in the vinegar and olive oil then salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 7 Place the lid on and shake the container