With Easter on its way, hard-boiled eggs are numerous and everywhere. In Germany and Europe in general, it’s so cool to see the various Meat Markets carrying decorated hard-boiled eggs ready to eat! Of course, I bought a few knowing they were the best protein snack and there is no prep! But as usual, I could not leave well enough alone and made them the Ultimate Deviled Eggs! If the eggs are pre-boiled it should only take you 15 minutes. If not add an additional 15 minutes.
I used my Fool Proof Mayo with a Zing and added some off-the-wall spices and veggies. The mix evolved into deviled eggs with the ULTIMATE bite! Check it out and see what you think.
Ultimate Deviled Eggs
April 15, 2017
: 30 min
- 4 hardboiled eggs separate yoke & whites
- 2 Tbsp Fool Proof Mayo if store-bought, add 1 tsp horseradish
- 2 Tbsp coconut amino soy
- 1/2 tsp spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smokey paprika
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning optional but worth it!
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- ground pepper to taste
- lemon zest about 1/4 tsp
- Added Crunch
- 1 Tbsp chopped red bell peppers or a combo of red, green, and orange
- A diced jalapeno
- 1 tsp finely chopped red onion or white or scallions
- Step 1 Hard boil your eggs or do as I did, by them already boiled. cut in 1/2 and scrape out the yellow yolk. Place the yokes in a mixing bowl and set aside the whites aside.
- Step 2 Add all the ingredients for the Main Filling to the yokes and mash with a fork until smooth. If you’re doing a double batch or more, put the ingredients in your food processor or blender.
- Step 3 Stir in the Added Crunch, diced bell peppers, and onions, and stuff the whites of the eggs. Sprinkle a little bit of Smokey Paprika on top and enjoy!