OK yes, I know cut back go clean. THESE are really, truly “cleanish” I promise! So simple, quick and you can change them up with a whim. I was having a young, old friend coming for lunch and decided to do the salad spread even made my own homemade Better Beets and Avocado Dressing. I was staying clean the whole way and then thought dessert… can’t leave that out and this amazing recipe made its debut in my life and I hope yours. You can use Sunflower Butter if you don’t eat nuts or any nut butter. I know they exist elsewhere online but I’ve never eaten one or made them before. So here you go with a touch of the Cook’n Coach additions
Dark Chocolate Covered Sunflower Truffles
May 2, 2018
: 24 pieces
: 20 min
- 2/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 2 Tbsp ghee or organic butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups almond flour (or 1cup coconut flour for nut-free)
- Optional Additions:
- ½ cup chopped cranberries (or other dried fruit of choice)
- ½ cup mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1Tbsp collagen or protein powder
- ½ cup toasted chopped cashews or nuts of choice
- Dark Chocolate Topping:
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or more to keep the chocolate liquid
- Dash of cinnamon
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp dried coffee flakes (optional)
- Roasted and chopped cashews or nuts of choice for dusting the tops
- Step 1 Truffle Directions:
- Step 2 Cover a cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Step 3 Mix well and scrape sides of the processor often. Mix about 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4 The consistency should be firm. Adjust consistency with more almond flour or add a bit more honey or sunflower butter or nut butter of choice.
- Step 5 Remove from the food processor and add the Optional Additions. Mix by hand.
- Step 6 Form into bite-size balls using your hands and set on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. Place in a freezer or fridge while you make the Dark Chocolate Topping.
- Step 7 Dark Chocolate Topping Directions:
- Step 8 In a medium-size microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate, vanilla, and coconut oil for 30 seconds and stir. Heat again for 30 seconds and stir again until all is melted and combined.
- Step 9 Remove from microwave and add cinnamon, coffee flakes, and salt. Mix well.
- Step 10 Place ½ cup of boiling water in the bottom of a slightly larger bowl then the melted chocolate is in. Nest the melted chocolate bowl inside the larger bowl with hot water. Be careful that the boiling water doesn’t flow over into the chocolate.
- Step 11 Use a fork to roll each ball in the chocolate then dust with roasted cashews or nuts of choice on the top of each while the chocolate is still damp. Give the nuts a little tap to stick!
- Step 12 Keep in a sealed container and in the fridge. You can freeze these as well and set them out 15 minutes before consuming them.
2 thoughts on “Dark Chocolate Covered Sun Butter Truffles”
ccccccccan you add a change for those with nut alergies.. flas meal?? sesame seeds
I’d try using coconut flour. Never have but It might work. I used Sunflower seed butter (Tahini) for these. You can also omit the almonds.