I love this quick, easy salad; it is the best side for any meal. It especially goes well with barbecues and picnic lunches. Salty, tangy, and crunchy is a great way to get your veggies for the day. Kids love this stuff. Switch up cooking your broccoli and try this delicious change-up!
Any mayo will do, but I love my Fool-Proof Mayo for this recipe. It has a zip to it and gives this salad a super lift. So whip up a batch first, and then let’s do this!
Oh, by the way, sorry for the little bowl picture. Every time I make this, I forget to take pictures, and then we eat it all. Next time I make it, I will add more photos so you can drool.
Crunchy Broccoli Salad
- One medium-size head of broccoli
- 1/3 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup Fool-Proof Mayo. If using your favorite mayonnaise, add 1 tsp of hot horseradish!
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Dash of hot sauce
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 1 Cut the broccoli into one-half-inch pieces. Place the pieces in a steamer or steamer rack above a pot of simmering water. Blanch, the broccoli for 5 minutes or until it is bright green but still firm. Let it cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Step 2 Place the cooked bacon, cranberries, pecans, and diced red onions in a large glass container with a secure lid.
- Step 3 In a large jar, place the mayo (plus a tsp of hot horseradish if using store-bought), vinegar, a dash of hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously. Give it a taste! Adjust mayo and or vinegar if necessary.
- Step 4 Mix the cooled diced broccoli with the nuts, bacon, and cranberry mixture.
- Step 5 Pour the sauce from the jar over the broccoli and secure the lid to the storage container. Give it a vigorous shake and ta-da!
- Step 6 This delicious salad will keep in the fridge for up to three days if it lasts that long!