I never thought about it until I was asked by a colleague one day, “How do you cook white asparagus?” Then it dawned on me: maybe there are others who wonder how to cook these tasty treats. So here you go my friends!
- 1 lbs white asparagus
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp himalayan salt
- 1 asparagus steamer or large pot
- Step 1 Place the steamer with the salt and water on a medium heat on the stove with the lid on.
- Step 2 Wash your asparagus and pat dry. Cleaning the asparagus takes time and precision. Make sure you peel them 2/3rd of the way up the stem.
- Step 3 Once peeled trim 1 1/2 ” of the bottom off and freeze the ends for making my Creamy Asparagus Soup!
- Step 4 Place all the asparagus in the steamer with the boiling water and turn it to high. steam for 8 minutes. Check to see if done. Use tongs to pick up and if the asparagus bends and the end is floppy it is done. It should be somewhat firm.
- Step 5 You can use my homemade Hollandaise or melted butter. A great treat is making this along side my Lemon & Garlic Chicken and using the gravy for the asparagus as well (my next post). I like them with my homemade mayonnaise! Any way you like is the best way!