With Easter on its way, hard-boiled eggs are numerous and everywhere. In Germany and Europe in general, it’s so cool to see the various Meat Markets carrying decorated hard boiled eggs ready to eat! Of course, I bought a few knowing they were the best protein snack and there is no prep! But as usual, I could not leave well enough alone and made them the Ultimate Deviled Eggs! If the eggs are pre-boiled it should only take you 15 minutes. If not add an additional 15 minutes.
I used my Fool Proof Mayo with a Zing and added some off the wall spices and veggies. The mix evolved into deviled eggs with the ULTIMATE bite! Check it out and see what you think.
Ultimate Deviled Eggs
- 4 hardboiled eggs separate yoke & whites
- 2 Tbsp Fool Proof Mayo if store bought, add 1 tsp horseradish
- 2 Tbsp coconut amino soy
- 1/2 tsp spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smokey paprika
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Spice optional but worth it!
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- ground pepper to taste
- lemon zest about 1/4 tsp
- Added Crunch
- 1 Tbsp chopped red bell peppers or combo of red, green and orange
- 1 tsp finely chopped red onion or white or scallions
- Step 1 Hard boil your eggs or do as I did, by them already boiled. cut in 1/2 and scrape out the yellow yolk. Place the yokes in a mixing bowl and set aside the whites aside.
- Step 2 Add all the ingredients for the Main Filling to the yokes and mash with a fork until smooth. If you’re doing a double batch or more, put the ingredients in your food processor or blender.
- Step 3 Stir in the Added Crunch, diced bell peppers and onions, and stuff the whites of the eggs. Sprinkle a little bit of Smokey Paprika on top and enjoy!