Woohooh! This was truly an experiment and one that I will repeat. Such flavor, sweet and spicy and bits of fresh jalapeños throughout! Perfect for a side dish with dinner or lunch, or top with a fried or scrambled egg for breakfast and serve with a slice of Century Bread. Plus, it LOOKS beautiful and full of color….of course, a shake or 2 of turmeric helps bring it to life.
JALAPEÑO SWEET POTATO HASH
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh grated turmeric or 1/2 tsp powdered
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red peper flakes
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 fresh green jalapeño sliced
- 1 fresh red pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro and or parsley
- Step 1 Peel and slice the sweet potato. Heat the ghee in a large pan on high. Put the sliced sweet potatoes into the ghee and stir often so they don’t burn.
- Step 2 Add the seasonings (the next 5 ingredients)
- Step 3 After the potatoes are tender, add the garlic and onions and stir often.
- Step 4 Add the sliced red pepper, green jalapeño pepper, bell peppers and cilantro the last 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Serve with eggs or next to your favorite meat!