This makes a great substitute for ricotta cheese and can be used for lasagna and stuffed gluten free pasta! You can also use this on your pizza as cheese…yes, it is like goats cheese!
HERB RICOTTA CHEESE
June 25, 2016
: 1 cup
: 15 min
: 15 min
- 1 cup raw cashews soak in water over night
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp avocado, macadamia or olive oil
- 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 4 cloves garlic roasted makes a great rustic flavor
- 1 Tbsp fresh onion or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp Bella Italian Seasoning or store bought italian
- 1 tsp fresh basil chopped
- Step 1 Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Place them in a food processor. Add the 1/4 cup of water. Blend in high for 1-2 minutes. Stop and scrape the sides periodically.
- Step 2 Slowly drizzle in the oil. Add lemon juice, salt, garlic, onion and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a couple more drops of oil if necessary to reach the desired consistency like ricotta.
- Step 3 Stir in Bella Italian Seasoning or store bought and chopped fresh basil.
- Step 4 Store in an airtight jar for up to 4 or 5 days. It will sour so make sure you use it as soon as possible.
- Step 5 Now want a twist? Try this…
- Step 6 After soaking the nuts place them in the blender or the smoothie machine and add the following:
- Step 7 ¼ cup water
- Step 8 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Step 9 1 tsp of homemade vanilla (or store bought) dash of Sonia’s Chi Spice
- Step 10 1tsp of honey, or birch tree sugar
- Step 11 Blend them all together and now you have the perfect sweetened ricotta for using with gluten free cookie sandwiches, or top off your gluten free pancakes, crapes, warm zucchini or pumpkin bread. You can also use this to make your favorite cheese cake… endless possibilities!