Ok, ok…so I love sweet potatoes and I try all kinds of ways to use them: puddings, breads, shakes, fries, whipped with organic butter and salt––but this is one of my favorites. These are great as a snack or a side, and just so yummy. I had to put a dollop of my Foolproof Mayo With a Zing on top. Its up to you but these are so delicious alone with the smoky grill flavor and a hint of nutty walnut and smooth flavor of roasted garlic. Just great. Let me know what you think!
GRILLED ROASTED GARLIC WALNUT SWEET POTATOES
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1/4 thick rings
- 2 cloves roasted garlic *see tip at the bottom
- 1 Tbsp organic walnut oil **see tip at the bottom
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp group pepper
- Step 1 Heat up the grill! to medium!
- Step 2 Place the garlic, oils, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mash the garlic and mix the ingredients until blended. Parts of the garlic will be hanging around, don’t worry, They will be grilled on the potatoes.
- Step 3 Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl and put the oil mixture over the top and mix well.
- Step 4 Place the sweet potato slices on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook for 4-6 minutes or until your fork goes in and comes out easily.
- Step 5 Remove and dab a bit of Horseradish Mayo on top or eat as is!
- Step 6 *Rosted Garlic Tip: Whenever I turn on the oven I try to optimize the heat! So I always throw in a whole clove of garlic with the 1st layer of skin removed and the top sliced off about 1/8 down. I keep these roasted garlic bulbs in the fridge for months!!! OR if you don’t have them ready for this recipe, use 1/2 tsp of fresh pressed garlic instead.
- Step 7 **If you don’t have walnut oil,take 1/4 cup of walnuts and put them in your food processor with 1/4 cup olive oil or macadamia oil. Blend until smooth. Use 1 Tbsp of this mixture and store the rest in the fridge in an air tight jar. Be sure to cover the top of the mixture with a table spoon of olive oil so it is protected. Use this for salad dressings or marinades!