I am always reading labels and mayo is one thing that is a sneaky thing on the grocery shelves…filled with no no things. But making it at home was scary and so I decided to give it a try. Thanks to The Healthy Foodie she gave the confidence to try. BUT as always I had to spice it up!
FOOLPROOF MAYO WITH A ZING!
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 juiced fresh lemon
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 fresh Bio large egg
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Step 1 Before you begin, check the options at the bottom for spiking this baby up!
- Step 2 In a narrow jar, place your oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mustard and egg.
- Step 3 Let it sit for a minute while you get out your immersion blender.
- Step 4 Place your immersion blender on the bottom of the jar. DO NOT TURN IT ON until it is resting on the bottom of the jar.
- Step 5 Turn it on and keep the immersion blender sung on the bottom and count to 20 VERY slowly.
- Step 6 After 20 seconds, slowly raise the immersion blender about 1 inch and down then raise it 2 inches and down and then 3 etc. slowly incorporate the oil on the top by lowering and raising the blender.
- Step 7 Ta-da! Done…perfect for experimenting…check the tip section for some great ideas!