This was so yummy and tart. A really great recipe for using those fresh cranberries and tangerines that are now in season. Top it off with Coconut Whipped Cream or a scoop of homemade coconut ice-cream for a perfect holiday dish!
CRANBERRY TANGERINE CAKE
- Cake base
- Dry Cake Base
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning or allspice
- Wet Cake Base
- 1/4 cups coconut or almond milk
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup melted organic butter or coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla or pure vanilla
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4-5 small tangerines sliced in thin rings
- 2 Tbsp 100% maple syrup or honey
- Step 1 Heat the oven to 350 degrees. I use the same pan for cooking all my cakes while I am camping. It is an 8X10 inch pan. If you use a different size pan, your cooking time may vary.
- Step 2 Whisk all the DRY Cake Base ingredients in a medium bowl. I use a fork and toss them around.
- Step 3 Whisk together the WET Cake Base ingredients in a separate large bowl.
- Step 4 Slowly add the dry Cake Base to the liquid mixture until smooth. You can use a blender or food processor as well.
- Step 5 Spread the maple syrup or honey in the bottom of your baking pan. Place the sliced tangerines over the maple syrup or honey evenly. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and fresh cranberries.
- Step 6 Pour the cake batter over the tangerines and honey and seal to the edge.
- Step 7 Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Step 8 Let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then turn it over onto a cookie sheet or serving plate.
- Step 9 Enjoy this warm with a dollop of coconut whipped cream!
- Step 10 Tip: When I make my own coconut whipped cream, I like to add a dash of fresh ginger to it before serving this yummy dish.