I love cutting up veggies and dipping! This recipe can be a dip or a salad dressing and is easy to put together at the last minute. You can whip this up by hand or use your emersion blender. All you need on hand is my Foolproof Mayo With a Zing, an avocado, lime, and a couple of spicy flavorful ingredients. Just a note…I do not add garlic to this recipe since my Foolproof Mayo is loaded with garlic and horseradish. So if your using store bought you might want to add a clove of garlic and a dash of horseradish.
Spicy Avocado Dip or Dressing
May 1, 2018
: 1 Cup
: 5 min
- 1/2 cup Foolproof Mayo or store bought - read ingredients on jar!
- 1 medium avocado mashed if doing by hand
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 lime the juice
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle or chipotle sauce or smokey paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or dried
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar white balsamic adds a touch of sweet!
- 1 Tbsp sliced red pepper seeded!
- 1 clove of garlic optional
- 3 Tbsp water option: for salad dressing
- Step 1 I find what makes cooking enjoyable and run smoothly is to set out all the ingredients first. Ok, hop to it!
- Step 2 I happen to have my emersion blender on my counter and use it daily, which I used to mix this salad dressing but if you’d rather you can use your food processor or just mash the avocado by hand and then place all the ingredients in a jar and shake it to death!
- Step 3 Watch out when you slice your peppers. Make sure you don’t get the seeds! I use these peppers often and keep a few in the freezer so they don’t dry out.
- Step 4 Either way, you mix it, this delicious dressing or dip comes out amazing. Remember, if you want it as a dip skip the 3 tablespoons of wate