I loved Chunky candy bars growing up. Biting into a burst of juicy raisins and toasted almonds covered in milk chocolate is like, well…you know AMAZINGLY SATISFYING. I took this recipe to a “healthish” level by using cranberries, toasted almonds and, covering them with melted bittersweet Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (they are gluten, dairy, and soy-free) with a bit of coconut cream to give it a milk-chocolatey flavor then topped them off with a dash of sea salt and chopped nut! These are so easy and delicious. Plus you can make a batch and keep them frozen so you don’t eat the whole batch at one time. Come on, I know you want to make this. Just do it!
Little Chunks (Chocolate Covered Cranberry Nut Chunks)
- 1 cup organic cranberries
- 1 cup toasted almonds chopped
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp of coconut cream milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Sea Salt
- Small paper candy holders
- Nesting bowls (for keeping chocolate melted)
- Step 1 Place the candy paper cups on a cookie sheet or in a small cupcake baking tin. Leaving a little room between each cup to work around.
- Step 2 Roughly chop the cranberries and place in a medium-size bowl.
- Step 3 Toast the almonds and roughly chop. Mix well with the chopped cranberries and set aside.
- Step 4 In a microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate, vanilla, and coconut oil for 30 seconds and stir. Heat again for 30 seconds and stir.
- Step 5 Remove and add coconut cream milk.
- Step 6 Place ½ cup of boiling water in the bottom of a slightly larger bowl than nest the smaller bowl of melted chocolate in the larger bowl with the hot water. Be careful that the boiling water doesn’t flow over into the chocolate bowl.
- Step 7 Place ½ tsp of the chocolate mixture in each paper candy cup.
- Step 8 Add ½ tsp of cranberry and nut mixture next.
- Step 9 Top with a final layer of chocolate, chopped nuts and, a pinch of sea salt (tap it with a spoon to make sure the nuts!).
- Step 10 Place in refrigerator or freezer until firm.
- Step 11 Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer. If you freeze them you can set them out at room
- Step 12 temperature for 10 minutes before serving. BUT…they are wonderful cold!