This is so yummy. Love this with my Creamy Dairy Free Yogurt. It is so crunchy and great to eat as a snack or breakfast. The topping/sauce can be switched up with my Great Grain Free Granola recipe if you prefer using honey rather than maple syrup as this recipe calls for. Check it out.
- 2 cups natural raw coconut no sugar
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup skinned almonds slivered
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts roughly copped
- 1/2 cup cashews roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup wallnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds optional
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup dried chopped fruit optional - added just before storing
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 4 tsp oil coconut, macadamia, ghee or light olive
- 2 tsp homemade vanilla
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground mace
- 1/4 tsp cardomom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Step 1 Heat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Step 2 Heat the maple syrup, oil, vanilla and spices in a saucepan Medium/low for about 5 minutes. Don’t let it boil.
- Step 3 Mix well all the grains and nuts together in a large bowl while the sauce is heating.
- Step 4 Pour the topping/sauce slowly over the dry mixture of oats, seeds and nuts. Make sure they are all well covered and topping is incorporated throughout.
- Step 5 Spread out onto the cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Be sure to stir it a few times during the cooking time.
- Step 6 When the top is slightly toasted, remove from the oven. It might seem wet and sticky. It will dry as it cools. Set on counter for an hour.
- Step 7 Add your chopped mixed dried fruit into the cooled granola and store in an air tight 1 gallon container.