I am willing the sun to come out with this treat. Seriously folks, it’s been raining for 3 days straight and it’s May 29th. Rain is predicted for tomorrow, too, Memorial Day. Since it’s not raining too bad at the moment, we’ll make a dash for the BBQ and cook our Memorial Day meal today. Yum, grass fed bratwurst from our local farmer, black olive oil marinated veggies with Bella Italian Seasoning and PISTACHIO ICE SCREAM!!!!!!
This is amazing and so delicious. I had some cashew butter left from the Breakfast Cooking Class and wanted to use it up; so guess where I put it!!!!! You bet, in the ice cream. Greened it up with an avocado and BAM what a dish. I added chocolate chips to touch off the flavor while my hubby cracked all the pistachios. You are going to love this!
CHOCOLATE CHIP & PISTACHIO ICE CREAM TIME!
- 3 cups coconut cream milk
- 2/3 cup organic honey reduce to 1/2 cup if using cashew butter. It has honey in it already.
- 1 packet gelatin 1 3/4 tsp
- 1 cup soaked cashews pureed or cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp pure vanilla
- dash himalayan salt
- 1 avacado
- 1 cup raw toasted pistachios
- 2/3 cup gluten, dairy, soy chocolate chips
- pinch cardomom
- Step 1 If your ice cream maker needs the center component frozen place it in the day before. In the summer, I leave it there for when the urge hits.
- Step 2 Place milk, honey, salt and gelatin in a sauce pan and bring to a slight boil to dissolve the gelatin.
- Step 3 In your blender, place the pureed cashews, avacado, vanilla, cardamon and 1/4 cup of the toasted pistachios. Blend until smooth.
- Step 4 Pour the hot milk mixture into your blender with the blended vanilla, cashew butter, pistachios and avacado mixture. Blend for 2 to 3 minutes so it is throughly mixed.
- Step 5 Put the blender in the freezer for about an hour. Don’t let it freeze. The ice cream machine will work the magic!
- Step 6 Place the cold ice cream into your ice cream machine and follow factory directions. When it stops it should be creamy. Add the nuts and chocolate chips. Mix well and place in a freezer safe container or eat right away for creamier ice cream.
- Step 7 If you have any left, you can set it out for 20 minutes to get soft and creamy!