I met Jodi and Barb at the cooking class a few weeks ago. Both are super excited about eating healthy and cleaning up their eating habits. While chatting, they shared their Waffle recipe with me, and with their permission, I am posting it for us all! It looks yummy and for sure going to make them…after I buy a waffle machine.
It’s been a few years since I posted this guest post, and I have to update it. I’ve made these once a month, and this month I decided to switch-out the gluten-free flour mix with straight cassava flour. WOOO…they are still amazing! So moist on the inside and crispy outside. One of my favorite breakfast treats. Especially now since winter is upon us here in Germany! My husband loves the Netherlands’ waffles, so I always leave a bit of batter for 4 more waffles in the mixing bowl. I add 1/4 cup of coconut sugar and a dash of allspice. These are delicious, and he raves about them, especially around 4 pm. That’s Kocken and Koffee time for the Germanys.
If anyone out there has super gluten, dairy, or soy-free recipe they want to share, please send it to email@example.com and a picture. Since we’re all on the same page and love sharing our successes and recipes, I would be happy to post them on my site. If you’ve tried one of the recipes, I’ve posted and added your own twist, feel free to post it under the original recipe on the site.
Thanks again, Jodi and Barb!
JODI & BARB’S WAFFLES, A GUEST POST!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or banana or pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free flour(or 1 cup cassava flour)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- mixed berries optional
- natural raw coconut optional
- Step 1 In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Step 2 Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown. Top with your favorite choice of fresh berries and unsweetened coconut.