When you work full-time and are constantly on the GO, or have children to run to school, or weekend soccer practice, breakfast is often replaced with fast foods or not even eaten at all! Don’t neglect this important meal. Really, these DELICIOUS muffins are not only tasty but filled with vitamins and protein. Pea flour has one of the highest protein contents. Four tablespoons has 27 grams of protein. Now that’ll kick start your day!
Be creative and add your own touches to this yummy batch of muffins. Best thing about them: they freeze well and you can make enough for the week. I love them sliced and toasted in my toaster oven. Add a dollop of my Chai Cashew Butter or a nice slab of organic butter on top and yum! How convenient is that for a healthy start?
TURMERIC SWEET POTATO PROTEIN NUT MUFFINS
- 1 cup pea flour or cassava flour or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal or combo of seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chai spice or 5 Chinese Spice or allspice.
- 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp fresh grated turmeric or 1 tbsp ground
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla
- 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup or honey
- 1 grated apple skin on
- 1 shreded medium zucchini
- 2/3 cup sweet potato puree or pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup shreded carrots about 2 medium
- 1/2 cup raw coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped nuts pecans, almonds, brazil nuts etc.
- Optional Additions if not avoiding fructose
- 1/2 cup raisins or organic cranberries
- 5 fresh dates
- 5 dried dried figs chopped
- 5 dried pineapple chunks
- 1 cup blueberries fold in last
- Step 1 Turn on over to 375 or 185c
- Step 2 Place all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (the first 11 ingredients). Whisk them around with a fork until well blended. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or blender then add the wet ingredients. Basically the remaining ingredients except the blue berries. You can add the optional fruits at this time as we’ll if you are not controlling your fructose.
- Step 4 Slowly sprinkle in the dry mixture into the wet mixture. When mixed well, fold in the blueberries.
- Step 5 Grease muffin tin or use paper lining and fill 2/3 rd full.
- Step 6 Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure the centers are done.