This is one of the best salads I’ve had. Tangy and sweet with a touch of sour sun-dried tomato pesto. My friend Gaby made this for our New Year’s Eve Appetizer dinner. It was a hit, and I know you will also enjoy this. It is the perfect salad for a hot sunny day!
I’ve translated it from a German cooking magazine, so if you have questions, email me. I’ll do my best to help you out.
Tangy Apricot Salad
January 30, 2023
: 20 min
- 1 Chicory
- 1 shallot
- 150g Lamb's lettuce/Big Leaf
- 100 g radicchio
- 3 dried apricots
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- White pepper
- 5 dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped walnut kernels
- Step 1 Clean and wash the chicory, cut it in half lengthways, and cut it into larger pieces. Clean and finely dice the shallot. Clean and wash the lamb’s lettuce and radicchio and tear them into bite-sized pieces.
- Step 2 For the dressing, finely chop the apricots and mix them with vinegar, maple syrup, 2 tbsp olive oil, and orange juice—season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes for the pesto. Roast the pine nuts in a pan without fat until golden brown, and allow to cool.
- Step 4 Peel and coarsely chop the garlic clove. Finely puree the diced tomatoes with pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil—season with salt.
- Step 5 Arrange salad on plates, pour dressing over, drizzle with pesto and garnish with chopped walnuts.
1 thought on “Tangy Apricot Salad”