Ok, this I had to make. I love my sweet potato fries with catsup and a dash of hot sauce. After reading all the store bought labels of catsup (EVEN the organic ones) with all their sugars and preservatives I figured I could whip this little diddy up by myself. It was as they say, “a piece of cake” and it came out so powerful guest asked where I bought it. Yahooooo, “check my site,” I say! Even my little 3-year-old grandson, Frederik said: “das ist viel besser alles unser Ketchup” (This is much better than our ketchup). So that’s a statement in itself…he eats it on everything!
- 1 6 oz can organic tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp spicy mustard watch of soy!!!
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 pinch of cloves
- 1 pinch of ground allspice
- 1 pinch dry garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp coconut amino soy
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar optional: or to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper sauce optional: I use Cholula hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp smokey paprika optional
- Step 1 Place all the ingredients in a jar and shake the heck out of it. Stir once in a while and add a little more water until it is the right consistency you like!
- Step 2 Taste and make sure it is as sweet as you like it. I added a sprinkle more coconut sugar and a lot more hot sauce. The great thing about making your own catsup, you can customize the flavors and the taste.
- Step 3 Refrigerate with a sealed lid. This stuff last forever…ok well mine has been around for a month and is still tasty. Actually, it has matured and has a pretty robust yummy flavor.