I can’t take credit for this one since it has been published on several websites. It’s simple and delicious and best of all dairy free. The only problem is that you need to refrigerate the coconut cream overnight. I usually keep 2 large cartons in the fridge at all times. This way I’m ready to make homemade coconut whipped cream, yogurt, and ice-cream. When you whip this up you can add a dash of cinnamon, cardamon, ginger or lemon zest to pair it with your dessert.
I love the website, Downshiftology. Lisa Bryan has a super video showing how to make this coconut whipped cream. Her site is loaded with refreshing recipes and great ideas for staying gluten-free while traveling. Check it out!
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 32 oz coconut cream milk or 2 15 oz cans
- 1 Tbsp organic honey maple syrup or birch tree sugar
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla or scrap the inside of a vanilla bean
- Step 1 Place the coconut cream in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Step 2 Place your metal mixing bowl in the freezer with the beaters from your food processor or hand mixer in the freezer as well. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Turn the carton/cans of coconut cream upside down and open.
- Step 4 Pour the coconut water into a storage container and use for your smoothies later. This keeps for a week in the refrigerator.
- Step 5 Place the firm coconut cream into your chilled bowl. Add the honey and vanilla and beat with the chilled beaters until fluffy.
- Step 6 When stiff and fluffy you can add a dash of cinnamon or your favorite spice to complement your dessert.
- Step 7 Use immediately or place in the freezer no longer than 15 minutes. If left longer it will harden and will need to set out for a few minutes before serving
- Step 8 Tip: Try it on top of one of my Bomb-a-rama Brownies & Raspberry Cream!