I can’t take credit for this one since it has been published on several websites. It’s simple and delicious and best of all dairy-free. The only problem is that you need to refrigerate the coconut cream overnight. I usually keep 2 large cartons in the fridge at all times. This way I’m ready to make homemade coconut whipped cream, yogurt, and ice-cream. When you whip this up you can add a teaspoon of cocoa powder, or a dash of cinnamon, or cardamom, ginger, or lemon zest to pair it with your dessert. This really needs to be whipped in your food processor on high or in the food processor attachment that came with your immersion blender.
I love the website, Downshiftology. Lisa Bryan has a super video showing how to make this coconut whipped cream. Her site is loaded with refreshing recipes and great ideas for staying gluten-free while traveling. Check it out!
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 32 oz coconut cream milk or 2 15 oz cans
- 1 Tbsp organic honey maple syrup or birch tree sugar
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla or scrape the inside of a vanilla bean
- Step 1 Place the coconut cream in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Step 2 Place the food processor bowl or the immersion mixing attachment and blades in the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 When coconut milk is chilled, turn the carton/can of coconut cream upside down and open.
- Step 4 Pour the coconut water into a storage container and use for your smoothies later. This keeps for a week in the refrigerator.
- Step 5 Place the firm coconut cream into your chilled food processor or immersion processor bowl. Add the honey and vanilla, tapioca starch, and beat on high until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes
- Step 6 When stiff and fluffy you can add a dash of cinnamon or your favorite spice to complement your dessert.
- Step 7 Use immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Step 8 Tip: Try it on top of one of my Bomb-a-rama Brownies & Raspberry Cream!