There are all kinds of dairy-free cheese recipes floating around on the internet and as usual, I had to twist it up! This is awesome with lasagna using zucchini slices as the pasta and my Bold Bolognese to create a fantastic gluten, soy, and dairy lasagna. My Chili Pepper Crackers adore this topping and the combo makes great appetizers or snacks! If your dessert recipe calls for ricotta, just leave out the spices and herbs and follow your recipe. Check out my recipe for Ricotta Chai Spread.
BASIL CASHEW RICOTTA CHEESE
- 1 cup soaked cashews soak in water for 24 hours
- 1-2 cloves garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp white pepper ground black works as well
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Step 1 ace the soaked cashews in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Step 2 Add the salt, pepper and the garlic. Continue blending with the food processor until well blended.
- Step 3 Drizzle in the oil.
- Step 4 Remove from the food processor and stir in the red peppers and chopped fresh basil.
- Step 5 Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator. This will keep for a week.
- Step 6 Tip: It’s amazing if you let it sit for a day in the fridge before using. The flavors are more robust and just yummy! I even put it on my pizza experiments!