Oh yeah…this is so simple and delicious. Warms the soul and the belly! It is a nice fall/winter treat, and the colors are just great for a summer BBQ. Whip this up with cauliflower rice and BAMB! you are the star of the dinner table. It is so colorful and absolutely delicious, a combination worth a picture, really.
SPICY CAJUN DELIGHT
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Rustic Cajun Spice See my recipe
- 1 pound Bio Italian sausage links Kelbasa works too!
- 1 red bell pepper in strips
- 1 green bell pepper in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper in strips
- 1 orange bell pepper in strips
- 1 large onion Sliced in rings
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 cup hot sauce Frank's has no preservatives or sugar
- Step 1 Sauce
- Step 2 In a large sauce pan place the ghee or oil of your choice. Heat on low and add the salt, garlic and Rustic Cajun Spice. Keep this on low so the garlic doesn’t burn. The smell will fill the house. Now work on the veggies!
- Step 3 The Veggies
- Step 4 Slice the different colored peppers in strips and the onions in rings. Place in a colander.
- Step 5 Open the black beans and empty them into the colander along with the sliced veggies.
- Step 6 Rinse the veggies and the beans until the water runs clean. Isn’t this the prettiest thing you have ever seen? The colors are so BEAUTIFUL.
- Step 7 The Sausage
- Step 8 Slice the sausage.
- Step 9 Add the sliced sausage to the ghee and seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes. Making sure the sasuage is coated evenly. Turn the heat up a bit so the sausage sizzles. Add more Rustic Cajun Seasoning if you like.
- Step 10 Dump the veggies and black beans on top of the sausage and seasonings. It will be difficult to coat the veggies but give it a stir and some effort!
- Step 11 Pour 1 cup of your favorite hot sauce over the mixture and simmer for 15 minutes or until peppers are tender. TaDa! Pour over cauliflower rice.
- Step 12 Cauliflower Rice
- Step 13 Follow my cauliflower rice recipe and just before you steam the rice, stir in 1 tsp of the Rustic Cajun Delight seasoning. Cook as directed.