Oh yeah babe! This is Sunday Brunch at our house. We love to sleep in, wake up slow and then head to the kitchen. My job: breakfast; Lutz’s jobs: coffee, music and taking photos or working on photos. Then off to the gym…well, after a morning rest from all the hard work! These Eggs In A Nest are fun to make, simple and easy. They are loaded with vitamins and protein…plus a little potato carb on the side. You can top them off with your favorite hot sauce or Spicy Hollandaise Sauce found on my site. Enjoy!
EGGS IN A NEST
- 1 pound spinach chopped: kale or chard works too
- 2-4 tbsp ghee or coconut oil or macadamia oil
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 clove fresh garlic or more...
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or more...
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3-4 pieces bio ham or bacon diced or optional
- 2 large potatoes leave skin on! Clean & spiral
- 1 tsp seasoning spice organic or my Rustic Cajun Spice
- 2 tbsp hollandaise - optional optional-Check out my Spicy Hollandaise!
- 1 dash Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Step 1 Serial your potatoes!
- Step 2 Add 1 tbsp ghee/coconut oil to another large frying pan and sauté on medium garlic, onions, salt pepper and red pepper flakes in the oil. If using bacon or ham, slice in 1-2 pieces and fry in mixture as well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add your spinach or greens when meat is cooked. Cover with a cooked lid and get back to cooking your nest!
- Step 3 Melt 2 – 4 tbsp of ghee in a large frying pan on high for 1 minute. Create 4 – 6 circular nest from spiraled potatoes about 4″ each (you might need 2 pans depending on how many your making).
- Step 4 Turn heat to medium and fry the nests in hot ghee until the bottom is toasted brown.
- Step 5 Flip the potato nests and make a hole in the center of each one with a spoon. You might need another tbsp or 2 of ghee. Crack an egg for each nest and drop in each hole. Sprinkle with seasoning salt or my Rustic Cajun Spice. Cover and turn heat to medium/low. Cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Step 6 When eggs are to your liking, place a small circular serving of cooked chard, spinach or kale on a serving plate. Lay the nest with the egg on top. Drizzle with Louisiana hot sauce or my Spicy Hollandaise Sauce.
- Step 7 If you’re not into frying potatoes, use a piece of gluten free bread and try this recipe with poached eggs! We love experimenting with your Sunday Brunch so all combinations work for us. You create your own comb and enjoy.