Ok this is a must…it is so rich in flavor and irresistible. You will need to use my Basic Bold Tomato Sauce so whip out a frozen package of the sauce and get it cook’n. If you don’t have one in the freezer, read the post and get it cooking while you begin the prepping for the Bold Bolognese. You can actually use a store bought bio sauce as well but…you will be missing something
- 3 cups Basic Bold Tomato Sauce On my site or store bought
- 1 lb ground pork or beef or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 5 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or more...
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano crushed
- 2 tsp Bella Italian Seasoning see post or store bought
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme crushed
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless Italian olives optional Black and green sliced
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or birch tree
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red bio wine optional
- Step 1 Begin warming up the Bold Tomato Sauce. if it was frozen give yourself a little more cooking time.
- Step 2 Don’t forget to try out my Bella Italian Seasoning!
- Step 3 In a frying pan cook the meat until done. I use 1/2 bio pork and 1/2 bio beef. I have to add a little ghee since there is very little fat with Bio meats.
- Step 4 Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the red wine and olive oil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 5 Right before serving add the olive oil and the dry bio red wine if using and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Step 6 Serve over spirals zucchini or gluten free pasta.