This is a great sauce for topping off any breakfast meal. Impress the family! Really, you have to try this. I was always afraid to make Hollandaise sauce, but it is so easy. It can’t fail. I watched J Kenji Lopez-Alt on YouTube make this and, as usual, I had to twist it up. But he gave me the base recipe and the courage to try. PLUS no double broiler folks! I always seemed to make scrambled eggs when using that thing for the hollandaise!
The last 3 ingredients I added really depend on what you are using this sauce for. Since I love it over Egg Nest and Infused Egg Bake and and and, ok you get the picture, Plus it is the perfect sauce for the delicious white asparagus that is ready in the spring!
I like it spicy and hot! But if it is for asparagus I recommend you leave out my last 3 ingredients. Asparagus is one fabulous veggie that prefers to be well recognized when eaten and caries it’s own unique delicious flavor.
SPICY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- 1 cup bio butter 2 sticks
- 5 egg yokes save the whites in the freezer
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice or more
- 1/8 tsp chopped garlic or more
- 1/2 tsp Mustard or more
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 dash paprika I love the smoky paprika!
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce Optional
- 1/2 tsp homemade horseradish Optional
- 1 tsp Rustic Cajun Spice or seasoning with a zip!
- Step 1 Place the butter in a saucepan and heat to 175 degrees.
- Step 2 Place the remaining ingredients into a tall open mouth container. I use the one that came with my immersion blender. Freeze the whites for macaroons or another recipe.
- Step 3 Blend the ingredients well.
- Step 4 Check your butter. Usually, on an electric stove, my butter reaches 175 degrees on setting 1 after 5 minutes. Just don’t get it boiling or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
- Step 5 continue blending the egg mixture and SLOWLY pour the butter into the container. I do mean slowly.
- Step 6 CHECK IT OUT! Amazing right? So fast and easy. Plus it tastes delicious!
- Step 7 You can throw away the foam at the bottom of the melted butter. Wipe the pan with a paper towel and pour the Hollandaise back in the pan. Turn off the stove and serve immediately.
- Step 8 Ok if you aren’t going to eat it right away, nest the saucepan or bowl with the hollandaise on top of another container filled with VERY hot water. This will keep it warm until your ready.
- Step 9 Try it on Eggs In A Nest or Hay Stacks.