I have just started using some grains in my diet and have discovered a new love for Quinoa. It is pretty versatile and can be seasoned to accompany any dish. I decided to serve this alongside my Mexican seasoned grilled flank steak. It is really easy and so delicious. I hope you give it a try!
QUINOA MEXICAN SALAD
- 4 servings Cooked Quinoa follow the directions on the package
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning in the water for the Quinoa
- 1 small diced fresh jalapeño Optional
- 1 10-15 diced cherry tomatoes or a medium tomatoes
- 1/2 red diced onion or green onion
- 1/2 juiced fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 juiced fresh lime juice
- 1 batch of diced cilantro
- himalayan salt & fresh pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp organic olive oil drizzle on top!
- dash of Mexican Seasoning Optional
- Step 1 Cook the Quinoa as directed on the package for 4-6 people. In the water add 1 tsp of Mexican Seasoning.
- Step 2 Dice the tomatoes.
- Step 3 Dice the onion.
- Step 4 Dice the cilantro and jalapeno.
- Step 5 Place all the ingredients into a serving bowl.
- Step 6 Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon and from 1/2 a lime over the top. Drizzle a tablespoon or more over the top. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Step 7 Give it a toss and enjoy! This is best eaten fresh.
- Step 8 SHARE THIS RECIPE