After cooking my recipe for Poached Pot Roast, you can turn the leftovers of this yummy pot roast into Poached Pot Roast Kale Soup!
I kept all the broth from the Poached Pot Roast, all the broken potato and carrot pieces along with the onions and bits of fennel. I then banged the heck out of the frozen bag of kale until it was in bite size pieces. I took a fork and shredded the left over Poached Pot Roast. But I did not stop there. Had to add a cup of my favorite salsa and woooooo. I also added 1 teaspoon of himalyian salt and a bit more pepper.
Was this delicious or what? It is the perfect soup for cold rainy days (as we are still experiencing the longest winter ever) and will certainly warm a place in my heart. Plus, it will find a place in my freezer with several other containers, waiting to be selected one morning as one of my Russian roulette lunch choices for the week. Enjoy!
POACHED POT ROAST KALE SOUP
- 1 leftover Poached Pot Roast veggies & broth
- 1 lb frozen or fresh Kale spinach works too
- 1/2 cup salsa optional: red or green
- 1 Tbsp spices your choice: Italian, Spanish, herbs
- 1 medium sliced onion optional if not many left from pot roast
- 2 medium 2 inches pieces potatoes optional if not many left from pot roast
- 2 medium 2 inches pieces carrots optional if not enough left from pot roast
- Step 1 Place left over Poached Pot Roast , veggies and broth into a crockpot. Or fresh potatoes, carrots and onions if you don’t have any left from the Poached Pot Roast recipe.
- Step 2 If using frozen kale open the bag a bit and mash it with your fist. If using fresh, chop into strips.
- Step 3 Optional: Add green or red homemade salas or store bought.
- Step 4 Turn on your crockpot to low and leave for 6 – 8 hours.