Ok so I don’t eat a lot of grains but when you’re in California and pay $1.50 an ear for no GMO organic white corn you just have to indulge, just once. My Granddaughters helped me prepare the meal one evening and Ruby will demonstrate and lead you through the process. My brother, Boe, taught me how to cook corn this way and so I handed it down to my grandchildren. It’s rather unique and serves several purposes. 1) by wrapping the corn in a wet paper towel you will get tender hot steamed corn 2) when you’re done you have a wet warm paper towel to wash your hands! 3) You can make them ahead of time and set them on the back of the grill to steam while you use the main grill for cooking your meats and veggies 4) IT’S JUST GOOD EATING!
It’s so easy my granddaughters can do it! Click on the links below to see step by step directions!
GRILLED STEAMED CORN
- 4 ears of corn shucked and napped in half (8 pieces)
- 8 1/2 size paper towels wet and ring dry
- 8 pieces of foil about 4X10
- Step 1 After you clean and snap the corn in half cover in salt and pepper or use your own seasoning.
- Step 2 Wrap each piece in a moist paper towel.
- Step 3 Then wrap each piece in the foil making sure you seam each end closed.
- Step 4 Cook on the back of a grill for 20-30 minutes turning each piece at least 4 times.