My Century Bread is amazing and so tasty but I’ve been trying to avoid all grains. So if you’re working toward this goal as well or have mastered it, this should be a great addition to your healthy lifestyle. It’s soft, grainy and just perfect for sandwiches or toast with homemade jam. I use a bread machine so I can spend my time outdoors instead if kneading bread or watching it cook. I bought a simple cheap machine for 50 euro and cook on setting #1. After 3 1/2 hours, it’s done and all I had to do was to place the Wet Ingredients in the bread machine pan, cover with the Dry Ingredients on top, then sprinkled the yeast into a little hole I made with my finger. Turn it on and BAMMMM…3 1/2 hours later out comes a perfect loaf of bread. It works every time. Check it out and enjoy.
Grain-Free Cassava Century Bread
- Wet Ingredients
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp honey molasses or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup warm almond milk hot to the wrist
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour or Tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp phylium powder or xanthan gum
- 1-2 tsp Himalayan salt I like 2 tsp!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- Step 1 Wet Ingredients
- Step 2 Mix the Wet Ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Make sure all ingredients are room temperature and the almond milk is very warm as you whisk it into the eggs making sure they don’t scramble!
- Step 3 Set this aside while you mix the Dry Ingredients.
- Step 4 Dry Ingredients
- Step 5 Set the Active Dry Yeast aside.
- Step 6 In a medium bowl whisk the remaining dry ingredients and make sure it is well tossed.
- Step 7 Placing in Bread Machine
- Step 8 Place the warm Wet Ingredients into the bread machine pan.
- Step 9 Pour the whisked Dry Ingredients over the wet mixture.
- Step 10 Make a hole with your finger and sprinkle in the Active Dry Yeast.
- Step 11 If you have a machine that has a Gluten-Free setting use that setting. If you don’t have a gluten-free setting, use setting #1 (3 hours 25 minutes there about), a large loaf, top brown.