I love to make my Taj Chicken & Spinach. After fishing out all the chicken I usually have sauce left over and freeze it for the next batch. But on the boat, freezing this is not so easy. I tried to make a 2 serving portion of Taj Chicken & Spinach but still had leftover sauce. So I decided to make this yummy Indian breakfast that has probably never been served in India but it sure tastes good.
The sauce is very simple and can be made in 30 minutes if you don’t have leftovers from the Taj Chicken & Spinach recipe. I have adapted it for you here. I also used my Crazy Curry recipe but you can use a store bought as well. You can also use my recipe for homemade yogurt or goat or Creamy Dairy Free Yogurt. If you are avoiding both it’s ok to leave it out. It just makes it creamier.
Crunchy Rice Indian Eggs
- Taj Spinach Gravy
- 250 grams fresh spinach cleaned
- 1 medium onion 1/2 chopped, the other cut in 1
- Step 1 Taj Spinach Gravy
- Step 2 Place all the ingredients for the Taj Spinach Gravy into a large pot and simmer on medium while you prepare the Last Addition. This should be about 15 minutes.
- Step 3 Last Addition
- Step 4 Place 1 Tbsp of Ghee in a large frying pan and heat on medium to high until very hot.
- Step 5 Place the rice in the Ghee. Press the rice down with a spatula several times while frying. Cook for 5 minutes on. Before you flip the rice, cut it into 4 pieces with your spatula.
- Step 6 Add another Tbsp of Ghee. Press down on the patties once in a while. Fry for another 4-5 minutes. Once the rice is fried crunchy place the patties on a warm plate while you make your eggs.
- Step 7 You can also use another pan to make your eggs simultaneously if you want to. I just don’t like washing dishes! Scrambled or fried eggs work great. We’ve had it both ways and either is yummy!
- Step 8 While the eggs are cooking, use an immersion blender and puree the Taj Spinach Gravy until smooth. Turn heat to low and stir in the yogurt (if using) and coconut cream milk. Add the cut 1/2 onion and diced tomatoes. Save a few tomatoes and onions for topping off this delicious dish.
- Step 9 Assemble
- Step 10 Place your egg on the crunchy rice, top with Taj Spinach Gravy and sprinkle with cut onions and fresh diced tomatoes!