My husband has mastered the perfect cooking time for salmon on the grill! Plus he’s discovered the nutritional value of eating the crispy skin. I’ve discovered the seasoning and the perfect dressing to accompany this fantastic salad! The Garlic Dressing is so bold and tasty. If you like mayo on your homemade sweet potato fries you’ll want to use this wonderful dressing as a dip! I’m sure you’ll find other ways to use this amazing dressing. I hope you enjoy this easy fast and light meal.
Crispy Salmon Salad with Garlic Dressing
- Salmon Salad
- 4 servings seasonal salad I used field salad!
- 2 lbs Wild Alaskan Salmon skin on!
- fresh dill weed
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Garlic Dressing
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 3/4 cup raw macadamia nuts or raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- Step 1 Salmon Salad
- Step 2 First, prep your veggies for the salad and make the Garlic Dressing below! You can add any veggies you like to this delicious salad but be careful you don’t override the flavor of the fish. Simple is best since the dressing is very powerful!
- Step 3 Sometimes we’re lucky and find a half of a wild salmon. We always cut it into individual servings which make it easier to flip on the grill and for crisping up the skin. So make sure you have pieces that you can flip!
- Step 4 Preheat your grilled on low while you season your fish. Rub the fish with Old Bay Seasoning and especially the skin. Sprinkle both sides with fresh dill.
- Step 5 Grill the fish on low with the skin side down for 7 minutes with the grill top closed.
- Step 6 After 7 minutes, flip the pieces and peel the skin off with the spatula. Place the skin directly on the grill.
- Step 7 When the skin is off, flip the fish so the un-grilled skin side is directly on the grill. Grill the fish and skin for 2 minutes longer.
- Step 8 Garlic Dressing
- Step 9 Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender except the oil and mayonnaise. Blend until very creamy and thick, about 2 minutes on high.
- Step 10 Add the oil a little at a time until you reach the consistency you like for the dressing.
- Step 11 Once mixed, stir in the mayonnaise by hand until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste!
- Step 12 Place your grilled fish and crispy skin on the bed of lettuce. Drizzle the dressing over the fish and salad.