This was inspired by Sonia Lacasse and her great cook book Paleo Home Cooking. I love the chapter on nut butters and did a spin on one of them. Just remember you will need to soak your raw cashews for 10-24 hours. I hope you like it and this butter is especially delicious on my Turmeric Sweet Potato Protein Muffins.
CHAI CASHEW BUTTER
- 1 cup raw cashews soak for 10-24 hours in water & rinsed
- 1/8 cup 100% maple syrup bit more if you prefer it sweeter
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla or scrape inside of vanilla bean
- 1 tsp chai spice Paleo Home Cooking Cook Book or store bought
- 1/4 cup melted ghee organic butter works too
- Step 1 Soak cashews for 24 hours in water. I soak 2 cups since I make Basil Ricotta Cashew Cheese at the same time. Check out that recipe as well.
- Step 2 Place the soaked cashews in your food processor with the maple syrup, vanilla and chai spice. Process until smooth.
- Step 3 Melt the ghee and slowly pour into the processor.
- Step 4 Store in the refrigerator for a week.